| Take a minute to read through this page, it will
help you navigate the interactive job site (extranet,) and will give you
the basics and benefits that are yours for the taking.
What is the Spotlight Extranet?
What it will do for you?
Think of it as a conference room just for you, with access to all your
jobs, your files and our staff, 24hours a day.
- Keep you up-to-date on all your projects.
- Receive e-mail notification as soon as a job is updated, with direct link to that job.
- Give you instant access to all your current jobs and invoices.
- Give you the ability to download and view your jobs, (in Acrobat Reader)
- Give you the ability to upload your text, corrections and/or files.
- Keep all correspondence and files for each job in one place organized chronologically.
- Add additional users, and give them access on a job-by-job basis.
- Have all the staff at Spotlight involved and current with your jobs.
- Easily and conveniently review and pay your invoices.
- Allow you to track the status of each job, from initial request and first upload through final approval, production and shipping (direct link to UPS online tracking for your package.)
- Allowing us to spend our time and your money more on design and less on the process.
What does it take?
Once you follow simple steps to register, you will have a "jobs
page" which will function as your personal portal to all your jobs.
This page will list all active jobs with quick access to each of their
"job detail pages" (See
sample) respectfully, as well as easy button access to; create new
jobs (See sample), edit
your profile (See sample),
view old jobs (See sample),
manage additional users etc.
Once inside a "job detail page," you will view and manage
that job, give access or take away access from your additional users,
as well as provide/receive feedback for that job.
How it can save you money?
By giving us at Spotlight one place where all comments files and feedback
can be located and reviewed, it maximizes the time spent on design.
It also minimizes errors and miscommunications.
What is the optimum way do create a job and provide streamlined feedback?
Over the years we have established a few principles that make job submittal
more efficient. Though jobs and projects vary greatly, the basic method
remains the same. Please take another moment and carefully read these
basic procedures as they give you the ability to approach a new job
submittal and it's revisions in a time/money saving manner.
- Leave yourself ample time for design, there are the obvious demands of proper scheduling, and the fact that design is a creative process which is hard to rush, an impractical deadline will cause you to incur unnecessary and undesired rush charges.
- Submit all text and photos at the start of a project (or as much as possible).
- Try to gather all information such as place, time, speakers & addresses before you submit a job. Please edit and correct the text BEFORE you submit any job (or revisions.)
- Include basic instructions with information about the job and any size limitations or mailing instructions in the "new job" page.
- Attach a word file with detailed instructions if lengthy.
- Once we have created a design, we will submit to you a printable, Adobe Acrobat PDF file, for review in full color and size. If necessary, we can UPS full color printouts and mockups.
- Review carefully. Check thoroughly, including layout, style, color, type, images, size, spelling etc. (Please note: We do not insure against typographical errors or spelling mistakes. Professional proofreading is available for an additional fee.)
- Detail all comments and corrections in one clear document and submit via the extranet with complete reference, and notes. We cannot stress enough the benefits of submitting corrections and feedback on the extranet, nor the shortcomings of their submittal by other venues, such as; fax, customer walk-ins or even e-mails.
- If corrections are of serious or structural nature, request a new modified estimate, as the original estimate may no longer apply.
- Remember that we also do work for others and will have moved on to another job while you are reviewing/commenting on your designs. Therefore respond in a timely manner, as we cannot always return to your job at a moments notice.
- Once a job is logged on the extranet, all communications, submittals notes, corrections and comments, and even phone calls, mail packages and faxes will be logged here (this is in order to keep all parts of each job all in one place, so all involved can follow along review and give input in one place).
If you are an existing customer or are interested in becoming a Spotlight
customer, you will benefit from the ease of use and ease of access tremendously.
The primary goal of the extranet is to streamline the work flow and
design process, if any of this is unclear or needs elaboration, feel
free to give us a call at 718-493-2866 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.